Gentle Chamomile & Calendula Natural Shampoo Bar
A very gentle, unscented shampoo bar made with Chamomile and Calendula infused oils; and enriched with hydrating honey. It benefits those with itchy or sensitive scalp and It is perfect for children and individuals with a light hair colour.
Suitable for Vegans:
We did not use any animal derived ingredients, including eggs, milk and honey in the creation of this product.
This product is free of Alcohol.
At FHC, we are against animal testing and our ingredients are bought from reliable providers.
No Harmful Chemicals:
AT FHC, we pride our self of not using any harmful ingredients in the fabrication of our products.
All our products are free of artificial preservatives, colouring, SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), aluminium, or parabens.
Some of the reasons we love shampoo bars:
Great for your health and hair:
- Free of SLS/SLES (sodium laurel sulfate / sodium laureth sulfate)
- Restore natural oils and your hair natural shine.
- Rich in natural glycerine, that gets removed in commercial products and it is great for your hair.
- Help restore the hair’s pH.
- It does not contain nasty chemicals or o harsh detergents, found in commercial shampoos.
Kind to the environment:
- No need for plastic bottles.
- Natural fair-trade ingredients.
- No palm oils.
- No Animal Testing.
- Easier for travelling.
- Use less water in the process of producing this bar.
- Solid bars use significantly less water than liquid shampoo.
How to use:
Wet your hair, rub the shampoo bar between your hands to make a lather, apply and rub the lather into your scalp, then rinse very well with water. For best results use an apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse.
Taking Care of Your Shampoo Bar
Because your natural shampoo bar doesn't contain any artificial preservatives or hardeners, with a little care, you can prolong the life of your shampoo bar and it will serve you very well.
- Don't let your soap drown in water.
- Make sure your shampoo bar is exposed to fresh air between uses.
- Store your used soap on a well-drained soap dish.
- Store unused shampoo bars in a dry, dark and cool place.
- Don’t seal or airtight your shampoo bar for long periods of time.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
(Cocos nucifera oil),
Organic Castor Oil
Unrefined Shea Butter
Sweet Almond Oil
Fresh Calendula Flowers
Fresh Chamomilla Flowers
(NaOH, Caustic Soda, Lye),
Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil:
(Cocos nucifera oil),
Organic Castor Oil:
Unrefined Shea Butter:
Sweet Almond Oil:
Fresh Calendula Flowers:
Fresh Chamomilla Flowers:
(Matricaria retutica), Chamomile is a flower that has been used around the world for hundreds of years, its multiple benefits make it one of our favourite ingredients to use.
It is very gentle, and it is wonderful for babies and children.
Chamomile for the hair:
Chamomile has a decent amount of vitamin A, C, D, E, B7 and B-complex (Biotin) which nourishes the hair and helps it grow. It has many antiseptic properties that clears away dead skin cells and debris that gets lodged in the root of hair, which can keep it from growing properly.
It is perfect for soothing itchy scalps, and prevent dandruff.
Chamomile is known for brighten your hair without harming it.
(NaOH, Caustic Soda, Lye), We use Sodium Hydroxide commonly noun as caustic soda or lye to saponify the oils.
Saponification is the chemical reaction of making soap. Once the saponification, is complete, the lye and oil molecules have combined and chemically changed into soap and natural glycerine.
The lye is used up in the saponification process to turn oil into soap.
There is no sodium hydroxide present in the finished bars of soap or shampoo after the curing process. While all real soap must be made with sodium hydroxide (lye), no lye remains in our finished product after saponification. If it is real soap or contains real soap, it must be made with sodium hydroxide (lye).